Investigation: Former Atlantic High football coach sexted students, made racist comments to players

kendall-bradley-football-coach-01-e1581020288760

The former head football coach at Atlantic High School lost his teaching license after investigations revealed he sexted a female student at the school, made racist statements to players and used profanity.

 

A former head football coach at Atlantic High School was accused of sexting 15-year-old female students and making racist comments to football players at the Port Orange school in late 2017, recently released investigative reports show.

The allegations resulted in the permanent loss of his teaching license in Florida.

Kendall Bradley denied all the allegations against him and said he did not know they existed.

“During my time at Atlantic, my only focus was to be a positive influence on the students, players, and community,” he said in a statement to The News-Journal this week. “At no point did I communicate or interact inappropriately with any student. Nor was I discriminatory or out of line in my communication with student athletes.”

Public records obtained by The News-Journal outlined a series of complaints that plagued Bradley’s tenure with Volusia County Schools.

Investigative reports from the Volusia County school district, the Port Orange Police Department and the Florida Department of Education show that Bradley lost his job as coach after accusations surfaced that he made racist statements to students.

But after that, he was allowed to substitute teach in the district. And during his time as a substitute more allegations surfaced that Bradley had sent sexual text messages to female students.

Bradley was substitute teaching in Volusia County schools for about a month after law enforcement officers were notified of the sexual text messages, records show.

Port Orange Police spokesman Officer Evan Doyle said officers made contact with the school, but because the incident occurred two years ago, he could not say when.

A police report about the incident does not state that the officers contacted the school district, and there is a gap in the narrative between December 2017 and February 2018. District officials did not remove Bradley from student contact until Feb. 5, 2018, when the father of one of the students notified Atlantic High school officials about the allegations.

No criminal charges were filed against Bradley. The ex-coach’s teaching license was permanently revoked in December 2019.

Throughout the ordeal, Bradley did not speak about the allegations to district investigators and was not contacted by law enforcement. He told state officials he did not wish to contest the charges made against him, the records show.

Bradley started coaching the Atlantic High football team in 2017, and when school started he also taught physical education. He was fired in November 2017.

At the time, Bradley told The News-Journal that he was fired without cause. But district investigators received complaints that he had used inappropriate language in front of students, including derogatory racial statements. The complaints were recorded in his professional standards file. It was the second time he had been warned about using inappropriate language in front of students. Before those complaints were fully investigated, he was released from employment for failing to complete the one-year probationary period of his employment.

Players and their family members complained to the school that Bradley told them to “stop acting black,” read their grades out loud in front of their teammates to embarrass them, and used profanity. During that football season, Atlantic High lost every game it played.

When he was fired, district records show Bradley was disqualified from future employment with Volusia County Schools. But two weeks later, his professional standards file was updated with another memo that declared he was eligible to interview for vacant positions within the schools. That was Dec. 12, 2017.

By Feb. 5, 2018, Bradley was removed from student contact again after a father told officials that Bradley, 31 at the time, had been soliciting sex from two 15-year-old students, an internal report from the school district states.

The inappropriate text exchanges happened on Dec. 3, 2017, the police report stated — less than a week after Bradley lost his coaching job. Copies of the texts between the students and the phone number the school district had on file as belonging to Bradley were included in the district records. In them, he allegedly requested that students meet with him in person, encouraged them to participate in group sex with him and other women, and solicited nude photos of the students.

The Port Orange Police Department was notified of the texts on Dec. 16, 2017. One of the students told an officer that Bradley sent her a nude photo of himself on Snapchat, an app where messages and photos disappear, the police report states.

Officers did not contact Bradley at the time, and did not have evidence of any nude photos being sent, according to the report. They notified the student’s father that if the family wished to pursue criminal charges, he would have to provide a tablet for evidence, but officers did not receive the iPad after multiple reminders. The case was closed due to the uncooperative reporting party, and the report stated it would be reopened if evidence was provided.

Doyle from the Port Orange Police Department said the department could not prosecute without the iPad, without finding evidence of a crime, and without the victim’s parents’ intent to prosecute.

It is also unclear if officers contacted school officials upon hearing the allegations against Bradley. Doyle also said officers believed Bradley had been terminated from his position in the schools, and because of the lack of evidence could not determine if there was probable cause.

The police report was updated in February 2018 to explain that Bradley had been substitute teaching at Spruce Creek High School, and documentation from the school district stated he was removed from student contact on Feb. 5, 2018, after the student’s father notified the Atlantic High School principal of the inappropriate sexual text messages.

At that time, records from the school district stated that Bradley told school officials he did not want to continue working in the district, and that he did not want to address the allegations against him.

The school district closed its investigation and forwarded the information it had obtained to the Florida Department of Education. Bradley did not contest the charges and surrendered his Florida teaching certificate for permanent revocation, which occurred on Dec. 13, 2019.

“As I have just been informed, information that I had no knowledge of, and is not correct, was filed and made public,” Bradley said to The News-Journal. “I have never been approached with, or asked about these situations personally, nor was I made aware that they had been issued when they were.”

 

PLEASE SHARE & SUBSCRIBE!!

Police: Drunk man breaks into home, cooks meal, tells homeowner to ‘go back to sleep’

gavin crim_1567613878202.jpg_7637777_ver1.0_1280_720

– A Dunedin man was arrested after cooking and eating food inside a stranger’s home, deputies said.

Pinellas County investigators said 19-year-old Gavin Crim, a Marine, broke into a Safety Harbor home in the 2400 block of Huntington Boulevard. The burglary occurred just after 4 a.m. Tuesday, while the victim was home.

Deputies said Crim entered the home through an unlocked rear door, and began cooking, then eating, the victim’s food. The victim confronted Crim, who told the victim to, “go back to sleep,” officials said.

When the victim told Crim he was calling 911, Crim ran away from the home, deputies said.

Deputies said they found Crim behind the home, hiding in a wooded and swampy area. During an interview, they said he admitted to breaking into the home. His arrest report states he was under the influence of alcohol.

Crim was arrested on a burglary charge.

Marijuana left in washing machine causes fight in Florida

Ashley Perkins, 30. (Credit: Santa Rosa County Jail)

 

Marijuana left in washing machine causes fight in Florida

Florida authorities say a Louisiana woman beat her wife with a bedpost, apparently upset her spouse put their marijuana through a washing machine.

The Pensacola News Journal reports that 30-year-old Ashley Perkins of Youngsville, Louisiana, was released from jail Thursday after being charged with aggravated battery.

The Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office said Perkins and her wife were arguing over missing marijuana when the fight escalated. Investigators say Perkins began hitting her wife with a bedpost around her head, legs and left arm.

Perkins told investigators her wife beat herself with the bedpost. Jail records didn’t list a lawyer or contact information for Perkins.

The couple was in the area visiting relatives.

 

Share or comment on this article:

Man slaps sleeping girlfriend with a cheeseburger, sheriff says

cdc313e3-afb7-4c9c-82b0-c362aa14829b-large16x9_KyleJones_webKyle Jones, 30, is accused of hitting his sleeping girlfriend with a cheeseburger. (Martin County Sheriff’s Office)

 

STUART, Fla. (CBS12) – A man is accused of slapping his sleeping girlfriend with a cheeseburger in Martin County.

The sheriff’s office wrote on Facebook that Kyle Jamison Jones, 30, “wanted it his way,” but when it didn’t happen, things went south.

Deputies said Jones bopped his girlfriend in the face with a cheeseburger while she slept. Once she woke up, she said he continued to hit her with the cheeseburger, pull her hair and kick her down the stairs.

When deputies arrived, they found the girlfriend covered in food particles.

Jones has been charged with battery.

 

Share or comment on this article:

Bat-wielding trio of naked women spark police chase in Florida

Jeniyah Mcleod (left) and Oasis Mcleod.       Cecilia Young

Three naked teenage women led Florida police on a wild car chase that ended with them tased and in cuffs after they allegedly tried to attack the officers with their vehicle and a metal bat, according to report.

The revealing incident occurred after Florida Highway Patrol troopers received a call about three women in the buff at a rest stop on northbound Interstate 75 around 11:15 a.m. Wednesday, CBS affiliate WTSP reported.

“There’s three women standing in the nude putting on suntan lotion,” a trooper can be heard radioing to a dispatcher, according to the news outlet.

When the trooper confronted the women — identified as Oasis Mcleod, 18, Jeniyah Mcleod, 19, and Cecilia Young, 19 — they said they were simply “air drying” after showering before they hopped back into their white 2009 Nissan Sentra and drove off.

The trooper initially pursued the vehicle on the highway, but backed off because the chase did not fit Florida Highway Patrol protocol, the news site reported.

Shortly after, police went after the Nissan when another motorist called cops to report a “reckless vehicle” on the road.

Authorities then tracked down the Sentra, which they found parked and empty at a convenience store parking lot at State Road 52 and Curley Road in Pasco County.

As a trooper tried to take one of the women into custody as she exited the store, another of the women attempted to drive the car at the trooper, police said.

Then another woman emerged from the vehicle with a metal bat and tried to strike the trooper after he jumped out of the way of the moving vehicle.

An officer in a patrol car purposely crashed into the suspects’ vehicle before all three women managed to flee in their vehicle.

The Dade City Police Department also responded to the chase and used spike strips to deflate the Sentra’s tires.

While in the car, the brazen women interlocked arms in an attempt to avoid arrest after authorities smashed the windows of the vehicle.

Cops used a Taser on the women before they were taken into custody and booked at the Pasco County Jail, authorities said.

They face charges of fleeing to elude, three counts of resisting arrest, two counts of aggravated assault and three counts of lewd behavior, according to WTSP.

Several troopers suffered minor injuries in the fiasco.

 

Share or comment on this article:

 

Woman allegedly shoots husband in head for speaking to her in the wrong tone of voice!

Lawanda Brown, 57, was arrested for attempted murder, the sheriff’s office said. (Nassau County Sheriff’s Office)

FLORIDA — What started out as a simple Google search together, led to a violent act, according to the New York Post.

58-year-old Tony Brown was found in a pool full of blood after his 57-year-old wife, Lawanda Brown, allegedly shot him in the head.

According to the New York Post, the two were working on a project for their consulting agency, when things suddenly took a turn for the worse.

Lawanda said she didn’t like the tone of voice Tony was using towards her when she asked him to search Google for a project template. She told investigators that the last thing she remembered was her husband walking out of the room.

Shortly after, she said her memory then became “a blur.”

Tony was airlifted to the hospital where he is in critical condition. Lawanda was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, according to the New York Post.

She is being held on a $500,000 bail.

According to the New York Post, Tony was nominated in 2001 by President George W. Bush for a position in the US Treasury Department.

Please SHARE with your friends and family!

Mom stabbed her son after he refused to buy crack for her: cops

Modal Trigger

Debra WarrenAlachua County Jail

A Florida woman stabbed her son because he wouldn’t buy her harder drugs than the alcohol she was drinking, police said.

Debra Denise Warren, 58, of Gainesville, stabbed her son in the forearm with a kitchen knife after he refused her request to buy her crack cocaine, according to a police report obtained by the Gainesville Sun.

Warren tried to stab her son again, but he managed to get the knife away from his mother and then waited outside their home for cops to arrive, WCJB reports.

When police responded, Warren said she was afraid of her son, claiming he had slapped her earlier. But police found no evidence to back up her claims. Warren also accused her son and a witness of lying, according to the police report.

Warren was arrested early Friday on charges of aggravated battery. She remains in custody at the Alachua County Jail on $50,000 bail, jail records show.

Please SHARE with your friends and family!