Female Athletes Say Competing Against Biological Males Is Unfair: ‘That’s Not Bigotry, That’s Science’

Christian Petersen / Getty Images – Dutee Chand (right)

Women are leading the charge to put laws in place to protect female athletes from competing against biological male “transgender” competitors and their passion for the issue was on display at an online event, “Connecticut Athletics: Girls Speak,” on Thursday.

These women represent an unlikely alliance between a self-described “radical feminist organization,” a conservative family, faith and freedom advocacy group, and three high school girls. And this coalition that is gaining national attention as activists push for biological men who say they have a female “gender identity” to compete girls school sports.

The three girls — Selina Soule, Alanna Smith, and Chelsea Mitchell — filed a federal lawsuit challenging the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference’s decision to allow boys to compete against them if they “identify” as girls.

Alliance Defending Freedom is representing the trio and the Women’s Liberation Front (WOLF) has put its advocacy firmly behind the effort as an organization that fights for the “rights, privacy, and safety of women and girls.”

Add to those forces Beth Stelzer, an amateur powerlifter who believes in a level playing field for women so much so she launched Save Women’s Sports in 2019, a coalition of people dedicated to making sure biology not ideology inform school sports policies.

Stelzer and WOLF hosted the webinar, which was supposed to be a live event but was held online because of the coronavirus outbreak.

Kara Danksy, who is on WOLF’s board, started off the online event sharing why this issue has caused people to come together to back a common cause.

She said it has come to the point in the national narrative that “simply speaking up for ourselves is hate speech.”

ADF’s legal counsel Christiana Holcomb, who also took part in the webinar, had earlier responded to President Donald Trump’s Department of Justice’s support of the lawsuit, which it said violates the federal Title IX statute to protect girls in schools from discrimination based on their biological sex.

“Girls shouldn’t be reduced to spectators in their own sports,” Holcomb said. “Allowing males to compete in the female category isn’t fair and destroys girls’ athletic opportunities. 

“Males will always have inherent physical advantages over comparably talented and trained girls—that’s the reason we have girls’ sports in the first place,” Holcomb said. “And a male’s belief about his gender doesn’t eliminate those advantages.”

But the most moving stories came from the teenage athletes who have had their hard work and dreams dashed when forced to compete against males.

At the 2019 Indoor Track and Field State Championships, Soule came in third behind two men racing against her. As a result she did not qualify for the New England Regional Championships and could not attend the event where college scouts could have seen her compete.

She said she joined the lawsuit not only because she wants not just to participate in sports but win, but that competing against biological men is unfair.

“That’s not bigotry,” Soule said. “That’s science.”

High schooler Alana Smith said she was “born to be an athlete” and loves competing — if that competition is fair.

“Biological unfairness doesn’t disappear because of what you believe is your gender identity,” Smith said.

Chelsea Mitchell is a senior in high school and one of the fastest female sprinters in Connecticut but was denied the title of state champion four times because she had to compete against male athletes.

The transgender policy, she said, “puts us on the sidelines instead of the podium.”

Mitchell’s mom Christy said that she was shocked to learn groups like the National Women’s Law Center and the Women’s Sports Foundation took the side of the “transgender” biological male athletes.

“I felt very betrayed by it,” Mitchell said.

The women said on the webinar that they were encouraged by a law just passed in Idaho, the first state to successfully put in place a law that prohibits biological males from competing in girls sports.

Women’s March in Mostly White City Canceled for Being Too White

People participate in the second annual Women’s March in Los Angeles, Calif., January 20, 2018.(Patrick T. Fallon/Reuters)

 

Is no march at all better than a march with the wrong demographics?

Organizers of a Women’s March that was scheduled to take place in Eureka, Calif., on January 19 wound up calling it off over concerns that there were going to be too many white people there.

“Up to this point, the participants have been overwhelmingly white, lacking representation from several perspectives in our community,” states a post on the group’s Facebook page. “Instead of pushing forward with crucial voices absent, the organizing team will take time for more outreach.”

After the cancellation made news, the group posted a follow-up explanation.

“The organizers of the Eureka Women’s March in Humboldt County, California, are moving the focus towards an event date on March 9th, in conjunction with International Women’s Day, to ensure that the people most impacted by systems of oppression have an opportunity to participate in planning,” another post stated. “We failed to have the type of collaboration needed to be inclusive of some of the most underrepresented voices in our community, namely, women of color and people who are gender non-conforming.”

This is, in a word, stupid. For one thing, Humboldt County, where Eureka is located, is approximately 74 percent non-Hispanic white. In other words: The projected demographics of the march might have been a simple reflection of the demographics of the city where it was scheduled. It might not have been a racism issue or an inclusion issue, but a logistical one.

What’s more, I am having a hard time understanding how having no march at all is better than having a march that happens to be mostly white. If these marches do anything to fight Trump — which I’m not sure they do, but if they do, the way the organizers believe they do — wouldn’t they want to have as many of them as possible? It’s especially rich when you consider how often white women are slammed as a group because so many of them voted for Trump. People on the left have often calling these women traitors (and all other sorts of terrible names) because they chose Trump over Hillary, but when they try to do something to fight Trump, then that’s a problem, too? Give me a break.

It’s a wonderful thing to be inclusive, and I think that it is a good goal for these march organizers to focus on including as many different voices in their efforts as possible. But canceling an entire march because they didn’t get those voices (especially when the area of the event is overwhelmingly white) does absolutely nothing to further their cause. With this cancellation, the Left gained absolutely nothing — and they lost the chance to have their voices heard, simply because too many of those voices happened to be white.

560 (4)

ORDER YOUR TRUMP ‘FUCK YOUR FEELINGS’ MUG: CLICK HERE TO ORDER YOURS!

Share or comment on this article

A White Woman Falsely Accused a Black 9-Year-Old Boy of Groping Her! Surveillance footage disproves her allegations—and reminds everyone not to automatically believe victims.

The store’s security cameras told a different story

‘Cornerstone Caroline’ apologizes after incident in Brooklyn store

BROOKLYN, NY (WABC/CNN) – The commotion outside of a Flatbush bodega Wednesday evening quickly drew a crowd.

Teresa Klein, now known as “Cornerstore Caroline” on the internet, loudly accused a 9-year-old boy of grabbing her behind.

“I was just sexually assaulted by a child,” Klein could be heard yelling.

In what has since become a viral video on social media, Klein allegedly told a 9-1-1 dispatcher she needed police immediately, prompting gut-wrenching cries from the boy and his younger sister.

Jason Littlejohn, who lives next door, captured the entire exchange that followed on video and said police never came. He now questions if Klein ever made a call and if she understands the gravity of her accusations.

“She basically said, ‘I’m calling the cops on you.’” Littlejohn explained. “She didn’t say the mom or anybody else. She said, ‘I’m calling the cops on you.’ And that poor little boy, man, wherever he is, whoever he is, hopefully there is millions of people that definitely want to help him out.”

Meanwhile, Klein returned to the bodega Friday and watched the surveillance video from inside the store.

The footage clearly showed the boy’s hands in plain sight, and it was his book-bag that grazed her.

“I was wrong,” Klein admitted. “Young man, I don’t know your name, but I’m sorry.”

Klein claims since the incident, she’s received an overwhelming amount of phone calls and threats and now she can’t walk the streets of Flatbush without fear.

She also claims the boy’s mother threatened her life and she would like to pursue charges against her.

Woman-calls-cops