1500 Children Incarcerated in Overcrowded Former Walmart At Texas Border!

It’s supposed to be a temporary shelter for children but life in the largest licensed child care facility in the nation looks more like incarceration. The facility is a former Walmart converted for children brought into the U.S. illegally. It currently is home to about 1,500 boys ranging in age from 10 to 17 years.

According to NBC News, the first news organization to visit the overcrowded facility which is called “Casa Padre” the boys spend 22 hours per day during the week locked inside the building.  Some of the children crossed into the United States without any adult accompanying them. Others are the ones who have been separated from their parents under Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ new zero-tolerance policy.

Currently the facility is very overcrowded and this is expected to get worse as the new policies take effect.  It is now home to about 25% more children than it was designed to hold. The converted former Walmart has rooms for the boys but five are living in rooms that were built to hold only four. The ACLU has sued the government for the new immigration policy which forcibly separates migrant children from their parents at the border.

The average stay at “Casa Padre” (which is in Brownsville, Texas) is 52 days, or nearly two months. After they leave the children are placed by government workers into homes with temporary foster parents called “sponsors.”

The workers in charge of the facility told NBC that the Department of Justice did not give them advance notice of their new policies which has led to the overcrowding.  Sessions recently announced the new policy of arresting and prosecuting 100 percent of immigrants crossing into the United States without proper documentation. The children who are arrested with their parents are in all cases now immediately separated from their parents who have been arrested, incarcerated, and referred for criminal prosecution.

As might be expected, these new policies and enforcement practices have resulted in a large increase in the number of children being held in the detention facility.  Because it is so far above its legal capacity, government officials are now planning to open temporary tent cities throughout Texas and possibly in other states.

Dr. Juan Sanchez, the president of the nonprofit that operates the facility, said that these new makeshift locations will not have to be licensed and they will be staffed by untrained workers.  He said that if the new detention shelters for children are established on federal land, which the Trump administration has been considering, then they don’t have to be either licensed or staffed by trained child welfare professionals.

The United States Department of Health and Human Services currently houses nearly 12,000 immigrant children and is investigating new locations such as U.S. Air Force bases to house the large influx of new detained children which has been caused by the DOJ’s new policies.

Casa Padre is the facility where Sen. Jeff Merkley, D-Ore., was turned away from earlier this month after he came unannounced and said he wanted to enter the building to inspect living conditions.

According to NBC, the reception area of the building has a note hanging on the wall which directs facility employees to  “Immediately notify PD,” or the police department, if approached by the media.

Journalists who toured the building also reported that inside is a mural painted on a wall with a quote from President Barack Obama.  It reads: “We are and always will be a nation of immigrants. We were strangers once, too.”

Advertisements

23-foot-long python swallows woman whole!

 

78C70089-A8E6-4E47-80FC-B4CBEE78C1DCJAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) – A 7-meter-long (23-foot-long) python has swallowed a woman in central Indonesia, a village official said Saturday.

The victim, 54-year-old Wa Tiba, went missing while checking her vegetable garden near her village on Muna island in Southeast Sulawesi province on Thursday evening, according to the village chief, Faris.

On Friday, her family went to look for her at the garden but found only her belongings, including sandals and a flashlight, said Faris, who uses a single name.

The family and villagers launched a search for the woman, and found the snake with a bloated belly about 50 meters (yards) from where her belongings were found.

The villagers killed the snake and carried it to the village.

“When they cut open the snake’s belly they found Tiba’s body still intact with all her clothes,” Faris said. “She was swallowed first from her head.”

Videos posted on some websites showed villagers slicing open the python’s carcass to reveal the woman’s body.

Faris said the victim’s garden, about 1 kilometer (half a mile) from her house, is located in a rocky area with caves and cliffs believed to contain many snakes.

Reticulated pythons, which are widespread in Indonesia and other parts of Southeast Asia, grab onto their prey with dozens of sharp curved teeth and then squeeze it to death before swallowing it whole.

Reports of humans being killed by pythons are extremely rare. In the wild they are known to eat monkeys, pigs and other mammals.

It was the second python attack on a human in Indonesia since March last year, when a 25-year-old man was swallowed whole by a python in West Sulawesi province.

Dead bodies found at Walmart: A list

A growing number of people across the country are dying in Walmart parking lots.

It is not that the parking lots are unsafe. In fact, it is the relative safety of the well-lit and busy lots — combined with a welcoming corporate policy — that has drawn more people like Unger to call the Walmart parking lots home, if only temporarily.

And where people live, they also die.

They include those who are homeless, truckers, immigrants, drug-addled, suicidal or ill – all whose bodies are found nationwide in cars, vans and other vehicles in the parking lots of the retail giant. It is the last stop, one that can go unnoticed amid the daily crush of shoppers searching for deals, sometimes focused on the rattle of carts instead of their crowded surroundings.

Special report: Dead bodies found at Walmart is a phenomenon. Here’s why it’s happening

More: Why do so many people die in Walmart parking lots?

Across the nation, the stories bear similar refrains:

• In California, a woman missing for months turned up dead. Investigators in the February 2016 case said the woman’s body remained in the car, parked at the retailer, for up to three months.

• In San Angelo, Texas, a body was found in a parked truck at Walmart, 5501 Sherwood Way, on Jan. 16, 2018. Police at the scene did not indicate foul play, according to a report from sanangelolive.com.

• In Pittsburgh, Joshua Nord, 32, of Sharpsburg was found Jan. 17, 2018, in a car in a Walmart parking lot in Frazer. According to a report from triblive.com, “Frazer police Chief Terry Kuhns said Wal-Mart usually checks its parking lot, but inclement weather during that week likely delayed the check. Nord was wanted on an assault warrant by Sharpsburg police and a Frazer officer searching for Nord and his vehicle found it in the parking lot.”

Homeless people can no longer stay overnight in RVs, vans and cars at Walmart parking lots in the Mid-Willamette Valley after stores threatened to tow vehicles lingering past business hours. ANNA REED / Statesman Journal

• In Virginia, a body was found Feb. 10, 2018, in a parking lot at the Pounding Mill Walmart in Tazewell County. There was no foul play suspected, according to Maj. Harold Heatley of the Tazewell County Sheriff’s Office in a report on wvva.com.

• In Florida, the body of Donald Ruddick, 81, of Oakville was found in a camper in a North Naples Walmart parking lot on Feb. 11, 2018. The camper was parked outside the Walmart on Juliet Boulevard, off Immokalee Road just west of Interstate 75. According to a report in the Naples Daily News, detectives did not think the death was suspicious. The camper was attached to a 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis.

• Also in Florida, a Walmart employee walking the parking aisles Feb. 22, 2018, at a Tarpon Springs store, reported a strong odor. Officers arrived and found an unidentified body. Police suspected suicide.

• In California, a body was found inside a burned motorhome March 27, 2018, at an Oceanside Walmart parking lot. According to a report on 10news.com, “firefighters responded to a vehicle fully engulfed in flames at Walmart Supercenter, 3405 Marron Road.”

• In Ohio, police said a 59-year-old man found April 17, 2018, in a pickup truck at an Airport Thruway Walmart, died of natural causes. The body was in the truck, parked on the side of the retail store since April 8, authorities report.

Syracuse VA nursing home one of nation’s highest rated!

2014-04-29-dl-van11jpg-963e7e5960ba1597

SYRACUSE, N.Y. — The Syracuse VA Medical Center operates one of the highest-rated nursing homes in the VA system nationwide.

The Department of Veterans Affairs this week publicly disclosed for the first time annual ratings for its 133 nursing homes. The ratings range from one star, the worst, to five stars, the best.

The Syracuse VA’s nursing home on the eighth floor of the hospital is one of 34 VA nursing homes nationwide that get five-star ratings.

The Syracuse VA nursing home has 41 patients.

“This five-star rating is a reflection of the hard work of our staff and their dedication to providing our resident veterans with a comfortable, safe and home-like environment combined with excellent medical care,” Dr. Judy Hayman, director of the Syracuse VA, said in a prepared statement.

Here are ratings for other VA nursing homes in New York: Batavia, five-stars; Bronx, four-stars; Jamaica, four-stars; Albany, three-stars; Buffalo, three-stars; Hudson Valley, three-stars; Northport, two-stars; Canandaigua, two-stars, Montrose, two-stars; and Bath, two-stars.

The VA said it will release the star ratings annually as part of an effort to be more transparent and help veterans make health care choices.

Florida man, 23, threatens to ‘shoot up’ Disney World if he got five ‘likes’ on his threat!

         Derek Eitel, 23, of Cocoa, Florida, posted the disturbing threat in a group chat

  • ‘5 likes and I’ll go shoot up Disney and hang myself,’ he reportedly wrote
  • Kelly Maki, claimed on Facebook that she was a member of the chat group, said Eitel only received one ‘like’ on his comment – from himself
  •  Maki added that she and a friend had reported him to the police
  •  Eitel has reportedly confessed to typing the threat during an interview
  •  He is now charged with making written threats to kill or do bodily harm

A Florida man threatened to go and ‘shoot up’ Walt Disney World if his comment got enough likes.

Derek Eitel, 23, posted the disturbing threat in a group chat with more than 800 members, according to an arrest affidavit.

‘5 likes and I’ll go shoot up Disney and hang myself,’ he reportedly wrote, according to Florida Today.

4D34C0C500000578-5842001-image-a-42_1528938102262

Derek Eitel, 23, posted the disturbing threat in a group chat with more than 800 members, according to an arrest affidavit

4D34D67B00000578-5842001-image-a-43_1528938104108

In it, he threatened to go and ‘shoot up’ Walt Disney World (pictured) if his comment got enough likes

At least two members who spotted the message reported it to the police.

Kelly Maki claimed on Facebook that she was a member of the chat group.

She said Eitel only received one ‘like’ on his comment – from himself.

Maki added that she and a friend had reported him to the police, and believes others also raised the alarm as and when they saw it.

The 23-year-old was arrested and charged with making written threats to kill or do bodily harm

Eitel, of Cocoa, Florida, has reportedly confessed to typing the threat on his phone during an interview with officers.

The 23-year-old, who posted a picture which read ‘Better Off Gone’ earlier this month, was arrested and charged with making written threats to kill or do bodily harm.

He was being held at the Brevard County Jail.

Sylvester Stallone sexual assault allegation reviewed by LA district attorney!

Stallone GETTY_1529001173640.PNG_5666623_ver1.0_640_360

– Los Angeles County prosecutors have begun reviewing whether actor Sylvester Stallone should face charges in connection with a sexual assault reported last year to Santa Monica police, a district attorney’s spokesman said in remarks reported Thursday.

A special entertainment task force in the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office was handed the case against the Hollywood legend by Santa Monica police, district attorney spokesman Greg Risling told the Los Angeles Times. He would not comment further on the nature of the allegation.

The alleged victim reported the assault last November to Santa Monica police, and the incident dates back to the 1990s, according to police. A criminal allegation dating to the 1990s cannot be charged under California law because it is past the statute of limitations that existed at the time.

Prosecutors reviewing cases in the wake of #MeToo movement have repeatedly run into issues of crimes being too old to prosecute under California law. Despite hundreds of women accusing director James Toback of sexual misconduct, Los Angeles prosecutors declined to file charges after five investigations were forwarded by police, mostly on grounds that they were beyond the legal statute of limitations.

In 2016, Gov. Jerry Brown signed legislation that amends the penal code so that some sex crimes, including rape, forcible sodomy and molestation of a child, can be be prosecuted, regardless of how long ago the crime occurred. The legislation was prompted by allegations against comedian Bill
Cosby.

Martin Singer, Stallone’s attorney, said the star of such movies as “Rocky” and “Rambo” had been notified of the allegation and categorically disputed the claims.

“It is a false claim. It is a complete fabrication,” Singer said, adding that Stallone had a consensual dating relationship years ago with the woman. The attorney said, “the woman here filed a police report to get a story published.”

Please SHARE with your friends and family!

JAMIE FOXX ACCUSED IN 2002 PENIS SLAPPING INCIDENT … He Denies It and Will Fight Back Legally!!

15289060123057

Jamie Foxx is being accused of slapping a woman with his penis nearly 16 years ago, and although she’s now gone to police … Foxx says it’s an “absurd” lie, and he’s going after her, legally … TMZ has learned.

The alleged assault happened in Las Vegas back in 2002. According to law enforcement, the accuser told cops last week she and a friend were attending a party at Jamie’s place when he tried to get her to perform oral sex. She claims when she refused, Jamie struck her in the face with his penis.

The accuser tells us … after the alleged assault, one of Jamie’s friends told her she had to get out of the house. She claims she went to a hospital the next day when she got back home to L.A. to get treatment for a severe panic attack.

Law enforcement sources tell us Vegas PD lists the case as an open investigation. However, the statute of limitations has long since run — it’s 3 years in Nevada.

Jamie’s attorney, Allison Hart of Lavely & Singer, tells TMZ … “Jamie emphatically denies that this incident ever occurred, and he will be filing a report with the Las Vegas Police Department against the woman for filing a false police report against him. The first time [Jamie] became aware of this woman’s absurd claims about an incident that supposedly occurred 16 years ago was when TMZ contacted his representatives [Tuesday] about this story.”

Hart adds, “The alleged incident was not reported to law enforcement in 2002, or at any other time in the last 16 years until last Friday because the incident never happened.”

The accuser says the #MeToo movement inspired her to finally file the police report. She also claims she wanted the alleged incident recorded in case other accusers come forward.

jamie-jazz-teaser

Please SHARE with your friends and family!