- Adwoa Lewis told detectives Friday she was driving home in Long Island on September 2 when four teens confronted her and yelled ‘Trump 2016!’
- They also allegedly told the black 19-year-old she ‘didn’t belong here’
- Lewis said she found her tires slashed and a note that said ‘Go home’ the next day
- A police investigation revealed there hadn’t actually been a confrontation
- Lewis later admitted to writing the note, Nassau County police said Saturday
Adwoa Lewis, 19, has been charged with fabricating a story about a hate crime by four Trump-supporting teens in Baldwin, New York
A New York woman has been arrested after police say she made up a story claiming to be the victim of a hate crime.
After an ‘extensive investigation’, Nassau County police determined there hadn’t actually been any confrontation between Lewis and the teens.
She later admitted to having written the note herself.
Lewis has been charged with making a false punishable written statement and was released on an appearance ticket, police said Saturday.
She is expected to appear in court on September 24.
Share or comment on this article