Syracuse VA nursing home one of nation’s highest rated!

2014-04-29-dl-van11jpg-963e7e5960ba1597

SYRACUSE, N.Y. — The Syracuse VA Medical Center operates one of the highest-rated nursing homes in the VA system nationwide.

The Department of Veterans Affairs this week publicly disclosed for the first time annual ratings for its 133 nursing homes. The ratings range from one star, the worst, to five stars, the best.

The Syracuse VA’s nursing home on the eighth floor of the hospital is one of 34 VA nursing homes nationwide that get five-star ratings.

The Syracuse VA nursing home has 41 patients.

“This five-star rating is a reflection of the hard work of our staff and their dedication to providing our resident veterans with a comfortable, safe and home-like environment combined with excellent medical care,” Dr. Judy Hayman, director of the Syracuse VA, said in a prepared statement.

Here are ratings for other VA nursing homes in New York: Batavia, five-stars; Bronx, four-stars; Jamaica, four-stars; Albany, three-stars; Buffalo, three-stars; Hudson Valley, three-stars; Northport, two-stars; Canandaigua, two-stars, Montrose, two-stars; and Bath, two-stars.

The VA said it will release the star ratings annually as part of an effort to be more transparent and help veterans make health care choices.

Florida man, 23, threatens to ‘shoot up’ Disney World if he got five ‘likes’ on his threat!

         Derek Eitel, 23, of Cocoa, Florida, posted the disturbing threat in a group chat

  • ‘5 likes and I’ll go shoot up Disney and hang myself,’ he reportedly wrote
  • Kelly Maki, claimed on Facebook that she was a member of the chat group, said Eitel only received one ‘like’ on his comment – from himself
  •  Maki added that she and a friend had reported him to the police
  •  Eitel has reportedly confessed to typing the threat during an interview
  •  He is now charged with making written threats to kill or do bodily harm

A Florida man threatened to go and ‘shoot up’ Walt Disney World if his comment got enough likes.

Derek Eitel, 23, posted the disturbing threat in a group chat with more than 800 members, according to an arrest affidavit.

‘5 likes and I’ll go shoot up Disney and hang myself,’ he reportedly wrote, according to Florida Today.

4D34C0C500000578-5842001-image-a-42_1528938102262

Derek Eitel, 23, posted the disturbing threat in a group chat with more than 800 members, according to an arrest affidavit

4D34D67B00000578-5842001-image-a-43_1528938104108

In it, he threatened to go and ‘shoot up’ Walt Disney World (pictured) if his comment got enough likes

At least two members who spotted the message reported it to the police.

Kelly Maki claimed on Facebook that she was a member of the chat group.

She said Eitel only received one ‘like’ on his comment – from himself.

Maki added that she and a friend had reported him to the police, and believes others also raised the alarm as and when they saw it.

The 23-year-old was arrested and charged with making written threats to kill or do bodily harm

Eitel, of Cocoa, Florida, has reportedly confessed to typing the threat on his phone during an interview with officers.

The 23-year-old, who posted a picture which read ‘Better Off Gone’ earlier this month, was arrested and charged with making written threats to kill or do bodily harm.

He was being held at the Brevard County Jail.

Sylvester Stallone sexual assault allegation reviewed by LA district attorney!

Stallone GETTY_1529001173640.PNG_5666623_ver1.0_640_360

– Los Angeles County prosecutors have begun reviewing whether actor Sylvester Stallone should face charges in connection with a sexual assault reported last year to Santa Monica police, a district attorney’s spokesman said in remarks reported Thursday.

A special entertainment task force in the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office was handed the case against the Hollywood legend by Santa Monica police, district attorney spokesman Greg Risling told the Los Angeles Times. He would not comment further on the nature of the allegation.

The alleged victim reported the assault last November to Santa Monica police, and the incident dates back to the 1990s, according to police. A criminal allegation dating to the 1990s cannot be charged under California law because it is past the statute of limitations that existed at the time.

Prosecutors reviewing cases in the wake of #MeToo movement have repeatedly run into issues of crimes being too old to prosecute under California law. Despite hundreds of women accusing director James Toback of sexual misconduct, Los Angeles prosecutors declined to file charges after five investigations were forwarded by police, mostly on grounds that they were beyond the legal statute of limitations.

In 2016, Gov. Jerry Brown signed legislation that amends the penal code so that some sex crimes, including rape, forcible sodomy and molestation of a child, can be be prosecuted, regardless of how long ago the crime occurred. The legislation was prompted by allegations against comedian Bill
Cosby.

Martin Singer, Stallone’s attorney, said the star of such movies as “Rocky” and “Rambo” had been notified of the allegation and categorically disputed the claims.

“It is a false claim. It is a complete fabrication,” Singer said, adding that Stallone had a consensual dating relationship years ago with the woman. The attorney said, “the woman here filed a police report to get a story published.”

Please SHARE with your friends and family!

JAMIE FOXX ACCUSED IN 2002 PENIS SLAPPING INCIDENT … He Denies It and Will Fight Back Legally!!

15289060123057

Jamie Foxx is being accused of slapping a woman with his penis nearly 16 years ago, and although she’s now gone to police … Foxx says it’s an “absurd” lie, and he’s going after her, legally … TMZ has learned.

The alleged assault happened in Las Vegas back in 2002. According to law enforcement, the accuser told cops last week she and a friend were attending a party at Jamie’s place when he tried to get her to perform oral sex. She claims when she refused, Jamie struck her in the face with his penis.

The accuser tells us … after the alleged assault, one of Jamie’s friends told her she had to get out of the house. She claims she went to a hospital the next day when she got back home to L.A. to get treatment for a severe panic attack.

Law enforcement sources tell us Vegas PD lists the case as an open investigation. However, the statute of limitations has long since run — it’s 3 years in Nevada.

Jamie’s attorney, Allison Hart of Lavely & Singer, tells TMZ … “Jamie emphatically denies that this incident ever occurred, and he will be filing a report with the Las Vegas Police Department against the woman for filing a false police report against him. The first time [Jamie] became aware of this woman’s absurd claims about an incident that supposedly occurred 16 years ago was when TMZ contacted his representatives [Tuesday] about this story.”

Hart adds, “The alleged incident was not reported to law enforcement in 2002, or at any other time in the last 16 years until last Friday because the incident never happened.”

The accuser says the #MeToo movement inspired her to finally file the police report. She also claims she wanted the alleged incident recorded in case other accusers come forward.

jamie-jazz-teaser

Please SHARE with your friends and family!